DIVINE DESIGN BRITISH SHORTHAIRS
Pet Sales Contract
This agreement governs the sale of the following purebred British Shorthair kitten:
Date of Birth: ______________ Sex: ______________
Eye color: __________________ Coat Color:________________
Breeders: Vincent & C’Anne
The conditions of this sale are as follows:
The kitten/cat described above is being sold as pet quality, for the sum of__________and
the following additional considerations:
1. Buyer accepts the responsibility of caring for this kitten/cat, and will provide properly
for its welfare.
2. Buyer agrees to keep the kitten/cat in a clean environment, un-caged and with proper
nutrition, health care and companionship.
3. Buyer agrees that this cat will never be allowed out of doors except in a proper carrier
or enclosed "run" which is protected from predators and infection from other animals. If
this provision is violated, Seller reserves the unconditional right to reclaim the kitten
WITHOUT refund of purchase price.
4. Buyer agrees that if the kitten/cat is found to be neglected or mistreated, Seller shall
have the unconditional right to reclaim the kitten/cat WITHOUT refund of purchase price.
Neglect shall include, but is not limited to: lack of proper sanitary facilities; poor health
(that is not being currently treated) and otherwise poor condition. Mistreatment shall
include, but is not limited to: lack of proper food, lack of water, physical abuse or
5. Buyer agrees that this kitten/cat may not be declawed, and understands that declawing
is a mutilation that could alter the kitten's temperament and health. Seller can not insure
the temperament or health of any kitten/cat which has been declawed. Instead of
declawing, the Buyer agrees to keep the kitten/cat's nails trimmed regularly, and to supply
the kitten/cat with proper scratching material and suitable training. Declawing is
considered mistreatment under paragraph four (4) and results in the Seller's
unconditional right to reclaim the kitten/cat WITHOUT refund of purchase price.
6. The Buyer agrees that if the kitten/cat is not already spayed or neutered at the time of
sale, the kitten/cat must be spayed or neutered between 8 months and 10 months of age.
The Buyer agrees to send the Seller documentation from a licensed veterinarian that the
kitten/cat has been spayed or neutered. If the buyer fails to provide such evidence within
that time, the Seller may reclaim the kitten/cat WITHOUT refund. The Seller agrees to
forward registration papers upon proof of spay or neuter.
7. Buyer agrees that this kitten/cat will always receive prompt, quality medical care at any
sign of injury, illness or distress and will never be allowed to harbor fleas or other
8. Buyer agrees that under NO circumstances will this kitten/cat EVER be sold, leased, or
given to any pet shop, animal shelter, research laboratory, or similar facility.
9. If for any reason the Buyer is unable to keep the kitten/cat, it MUST be returned to the
Seller. The Seller will attempt to resell the cat, and if resold, the Buyer will be refunded
the resale price.
10. Health Guarantee:
• This kitten/cat is guaranteed to be in good health upon delivery or arrival, and for a
period of seven (7) days thereafter if it is quarantined from other pets and seen by a vet
within that time. If found to be medically unsound (with a serious or life threatening
condition), the Seller must be notified and the kitten/cat returned immediately. Upon its
return, it will be replaced with another kitten/cat of equal value, if available. The Seller
reserves the right to substitute a cash refund. This health guarantee will be waived if the
kitten/cat dies of a virus from contact with another animal not bred by the Divine Design
• This guarantee of health is void if the Buyer has the kitten vaccinated for FeLV, FIV,
or FIP in the first year of his/her life. (These vaccines are very stressful to the immune
system of a young kitten and are not necessary for the continued health of an indoor-only
cat who doesn't have repeated contact with other cats. In the case of the FIP vaccine, its
effectiveness is still being debated).
• This kitten/cat is guaranteed against congenital defects for one (1) year. Should the
animal die within that time as a direct result of a congenital defect, the kitten/cat will be
replaced ONLY if an appropriate autopsy is performed by a licensed veterinarian and a
veterinarian's certificate is provided as proof of cause of death. A replacement will be
made of a kitten/cat of comparable quality and value, as available, at the discretion of
Seller. The Seller reserves the right to substitute a cash refund.
11. Any legal action which may arise under the terms of this contract will be brought within
the jurisdiction of Hays County, Texas. Buyer shall be liable for any court costs and related
charges including attorney's fees associated with Seller enforcing the terms of this
contract. This agreement is the entire agreement between the parties.
In signing this document, Buyer acknowledges that he\she has read, fully understands,
and agrees to all of the terms and conditions of the above sale.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, we each have signed this agreement this ___day of _______, 2010.
Signature of Buyer: __________________________________
Signature of Seller: __________________________________